GRAN PREMIO D'ITALIA 2014-

Wilson Security Sandown 500 -

Author Topic: Strange bright light in the sky...  (Read 2103 times)

Offline adrenalinmatt1

• Legendary Racer
    • The Home for AMF on Youtube!
Strange bright light in the sky...
« on: June 05, 2010, 06:16:41 PM »
Last night around from 6.45pm to around 7.35pm we saw a massive bright light in the western sky just out side of Ipswich. It was way to bright to be a plane or a star!

But when we looked at the news we saw this but this happen around 5am in the Morning?

The strange thing about this light was that the light was going down instead off up in the sky.. We are going to check for it again tonight..

here is the video of the strange light on the Gold Coast.

The only Youtube Channel you need to view!

AMF YOUTUBE LINK HERE!

Offline bpratt

• Administrator
  • Legendary Racer
  • View 's Album

• View 's Album

• Logan Village Weather
Re: Strange bright light in the sky...
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 07:02:14 PM »
There's talk that it was a leaking fuel tank aboard the Space-X Falcon 9 experimental rocket launched in the last 24 hours.

Considering the altitude and lack of atmosphere, the fuel wouldn't disipate as it would closer to the ground.
2008+2009 V8 tipping comp Champion

Offline adrenalinmatt1

• Legendary Racer
    • The Home for AMF on Youtube!
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 09:02:57 PM »
This was filmed from my place I could see this extremely bright light in the sky so I started to film. My Nikon HQ Camera just manages to pick it up fine with out Night Vision

This light as I have said was very strange as it appeard from 6.10pm to around 7.35pm

Any Ideas?

The only Youtube Channel you need to view!

AMF YOUTUBE LINK HERE!

Offline Mothers Worry

• Administrator
  • Legendary Racer
  • Because in a split second, it's gone-Ayrton Senna
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 10:54:43 AM »
I don't know how this post got deleted. :hmm:

Evidently there were some UFO type sighting in northern NSW the other day.

UFO sightings in three states

From news-mail.com.au:

UFO sightings in three states

5th June 2010

IS the truth out there?

Strange lights have been spotted above Queensland, NSW and the ACT, prompting multiple UFO sightings up and down the east coast.

Described as a swirl or spiral of light, witnesses from Burleigh Heads surfers to video bloggers from the NSW Central Coast claim to have seen the phenomenon.

Nightowl from Conondale saw the strange swirl of light in Brisbane on Saturday morning.

"As it moved north of us it started to turn from the swirl into an oblong shape," the Sunshine Coast Daily reader said.

"I thought I was seeing things but 4 other people with me saw it and one worker on the highway also saw it."

A reader of Logan City community newspaper The Reporter said the light was seen to the east about 5.40am Saturday morning.

"My wife, myself, daughter and son in law al (sic) saw this light this morning," reader Jazzyoung from Moorina said.

"Started as a light amongst type of swirling cloud and this cleared as an extremely bright oval shaped light grew larger and larger.

"It then moved northward and appeared to then back away, like fading into the distance and the swirling clouds appeared before the sky returned to normal."

The ABC reports strange 'spiral lights' were also spotted in Canberra, Wollongong and Sydney's north shore early Saturday morning.
" I build the Car First then make a Drawing, are You Paying Attention Detroit?"-Ed "Big Daddy" Roth
Motor racing is dangerous

AMF YOUTUBE LINK HERE!

Offline bpratt

• Administrator
  • Legendary Racer
  • View 's Album

• View 's Album

• Logan Village Weather
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 10:13:25 PM »
Found on a rocketry forum :-

Falcon 9 was probable cause of UFO sightings
Falcon 9 May Have Been Confused For UFO In Australia. AFP (6/5) reported, "A bright spiraling light, believed by astronomers to be a rocket launched from Cape Canaveral, was spotted in skies across Australia's east coast just before dawn Saturday, sparking a UFO frenzy." Andrew Jacob, curator of the Sydney Observatory, "said it was most likely SpaceX's Falcon 9 rocket, launched Friday from Cape Canaveral shortly before dawn broke over Australia." Jacob "said the timing was right for the SpaceX rocket to have traveled over the Atlantic Ocean, Africa and the Indian Ocean and be in skies over Australia at the time the spiraling light was seen."

2008+2009 V8 tipping comp Champion

commonwealth
commonwealth

Official Podcaster

Of The AMF

YouTube AMF forum video

commonwealth